Vision and aims
Our Vision Statement contains details our aspirations, plans, aims and objectives.
Buxlow aspires to be the school of choice for families who seek a happy, inspirational and vibrant learning environment that nurtures and challenges its pupils to achieve personal excellence and become resilient, responsible and caring citizens of the future.
We Aim to provide:
An environment that is happy, caring and vibrant in which a love of learning can be cultivated
- Staff ensure pupils feel safe, supported and nurtured.
- Pupil’s feel safe in their environment and confidently take ownership of their learning.
An education that is rich, broad and balanced where children are meaningfully engaged in their learning and achieve personal excellence in all areas of learning.
- The curriculum is continually reviewed and is up to date and robust.
- Summative and formative external and internal assessments inform teaching and learning.
- Planning is differentiated to support the learning of all pupils.
- Learning programmes challenge able pupils.
- Appropriate learning risk-taking supports the development of resilience in the face of difficulty.
Attract and support successful, inspirational and passionate staff.
- Planned professional development ensures staff remain abreast of current practice and inspired in their teaching.
- Teachers support, encourage and share best practice with colleagues.
- Teachers support, encourage and inspire engagement in learning and personal excellence from their pupils.
- Staff are committed to continuous professional development.
- Teachers ensure parents are kept well informed of children’s progress and engage in dialogue when necessary
Pastoral care programmes promote and safeguard the health, welfare and safety of pupils and staff.
- Are robust, clearly understood, and include opportunity for reconciliation.
- Work in partnership with parents, support staff and other professionals.
- Provide advice and guidance to pupils on issues related to their education.
- Contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the School.
- Promote desirable social qualities between members of the School family through the weekly ‘Virtues’ programme.
Prepare children for life after Buxlow Preparatory School
- Maintain close links with senior schools, both independent and state.
- Help parents to identify and secure entry to the most appropriate senior school for their child, tailoring our support to the specific requirements of each child.
- Ensure Year 6 leavers are confident, well prepared and excited about taking the next step into senior school.
Excellence Achieves personal excellence regardless of ability;
Determination Strength of mind and character;
Responsibility Completes tasks and accepts duties and obligations;
Kindness Friendly, generous, and considerate;
Honesty Fair, truthful and trusted;
Respect Appreciates and treats self and others with dignity;