At Buxlow, we are proud of all our children and their successes, whether as individuals or as part of a group. Here is a selection of some of our recent highlights.
- Yuv Dattani of Year 6 has made it to the final of the Brent Music Service’s Junior Musician of the Year competition! We are, of course, extremely proud of him. Good luck, Yuv!
- We have received a fantastic set of results in the ABRSM Music exams for Years 5 and 6 – Grade 5 has been achieved in four musical disciplines. Our talented pupils have achieved these grades in violin, voice, flute and piano. It is said that to be on target to be a professional musician, Grade 3 should be achieved by the end of Year 6. We are delighted that the children’s hard work has paid off!
- Neel Mistry of Year 4 has been chosen as the winner of Barry Gardiner MP’s Christmas Card competition! You can see his wonderful design here. Afternoon Tea at the House of Commons is a thoroughly well deserved prize.
- Some of children have just completed ABRSM exams for this term. With pupils achieving up to Grade 6 across a wide range of musical disciplines, we can’t wait to see where this group goes next.
- We currently have three outstanding vocal performers in Year 6 who are members of national choirs. Two of our boys are in the National Youth Choir of Great Britain, and one of our girls sings with the National Children’s Choir of Great Britain. This is another big achievement for Buxlow students, continuing the success of one of our Class of 2017, who earned a place in the Chapel Royal Choir and a place at the City of London Boys’ School.